Monday 23 March 2009

What a grey day

Painting is a pain in the arse. Why? Because whenever you slap a coat of paint on a model/sculpture, nine million cracks you'd never previously noticed suddenly gape out at you. Cue much arsing about with putty...

Finally, however, I managed to cover most of the worst cracks, and am finding that a thick splodge of paint fills in hairline jobs. Below is the sculpture with a couple of layers of primer:


Last night I slapped a load of flesh-coloured paint on, but couldn't be bothered to take any photos. I hope to update tomorrow...

By the way, I probably shan't bother going into this kind of step-by-step detail in future, as most of my techniques will probably remain much the same. Only when I do something radically different will I post about the process. Otherwise, I shall try to restrict posts to showing finished projects.

2 comments:

  1. cool!

    Cant wait to see your paintjob.

    jriggity

    ReplyDelete
  2. See the next post!

    I've tried to make it an Idiot's Guide to techniques, reasoning that if I can do a certain thing, any bugger can.

    ReplyDelete